Edward the site owner’s grandfather was born in 1850 in Berlin Center, Ohio. His twin brother Edwin died at age 18 months from drowning. Edward was known as sickly and spent time at a spa in Pennsylvania near Pittsburg to gain strength. Some letters to his mother exist to indicate that needed more time to become healthy. As the family left the farm to pursue other vocations and businesses, Edward stayed on the farm and eventually became the sole owner. He married Clara Henry from North Benton in 1885, when he was 35 years old. Clara's brother Owen operated a neasby farm on Hartzell Road, part of which became the Sebring Country Club.
Edward continued to consider worrying about his health, and spent time at the Battle Creek Sanitarium, the Kellogg Health spa, probably in the 1920s. The Kellogg spa featured faddish dietary and exercise routines and pushed the use of Kellogg products. As a result, huge boxes of Kellogg Bran Flakes were purchased for his use and arrived via the North Benton RR station.
Edward, with all his health problems lived until 1943 when he was 93 in Poland, OH. He lived with his daughter Ola, for the last 3 year of his life.
Clara (Henry) died after 2 falls which resulted in hip fractures. After the first, she was found picking cherries from a ladder during the following summer.
Her brother Oren Henry operated the farm at the corner of Deerfield Township on Hartzell Road and built the Sebring Country Club on a portion of it.